About Me

My photo
Love being mother of four, grandmother of nine, wife of one!! Aunt Sister Daughter Friend Cousin all the good things.... I love living in Queensland as have done for the past 20 years. I love being at home rearranging the furniture and doona covers, out side working in the garden , taking photos of my family or the beautiful things you can find that nature has provided for us. I guess you could say I'm one of the lucky ones.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Beaches

The Beaches and Rivers

I love the beach, I love a river, a lake, any kind of waterway, even a pond so the coast road from Qld to Victoria may be a very loooonnnngggg trip. Every turn off to another little beach side town beckons me to come and have a look.
After leaving home we stopped off at Coolangatta Beach, what an amazing beautiful piece of coast.


 

 



 


Byron Bay

We used to drive past this place a long time ago when the highway went right through it, now it is well and truly bypassed but this didn't stop the place from buzzing with tourists and locals. It was still school holidays and there were many children out enjoying the beautiful sunny day as well as the local surfers.
We had a lovely few hours there swimming and people watching. A very pleasant, relaxing day.
We wanted to see the  light house so headed up the steep windy road to be met with a sign stating that as it was part of the National Parks it would be $7 for the vehicle. Well the driver refused to pay that and after a 5 point turn around we headed down the road and found a park. I now know why the sign says no caravans. Would be impossible to turn one around. After a steep walk we made it to the top and had a good look around . This is the most Easterly point of mainland Australia so I'm glad we made the effort. Beautiful views north, south and east. The old caretakers cottage was beautifully maintained. A wonderful place to live.
I know that we have to preserve the parks but really , a charge to go up and park at the top!! Well the walk was great exercise.
 
 


 
 this blog is being silly so I'll publish it and move on to another.
All in all its a beautiful coast to follow.



 





 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment