About Me

My photo
Love being mother of four, grandmother of nine, wife of one!! Aunt Sister Daughter Friend Cousin all the good things.... I love living in Queensland as have done for the past 20 years. I love being at home rearranging the furniture and doona covers, out side working in the garden , taking photos of my family or the beautiful things you can find that nature has provided for us. I guess you could say I'm one of the lucky ones.

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The Big Trip
Started  finally........
Friday and delivering my gorgeous JM home to her Mums after a wonderful week with me, a beautiful Thai dinner and sleep stop at Maryborough.
After a return trip to gather forgotten articles, his and mine, we headed south to the Sunshine Coast, calling in to Gympie to drop off some special birthday pressies to some very special people.
Another wonderful meal and 2 bags of goodies to keep us nourished!!! well to satisfy our sweet tooth addiction, and off the next sunny morning to Brisbane.
By now I really have forgotten how to cook and stopping off to visit the Cuz and her wonderful family and a BBQ dinner, I don't want to ever cook again. Well all things must come to an end but after a loooong day travelling ( 100km's at least) stopped off at Ormeau and stayed the night at the Wrights, so with coffee, catch ups and lots of laughs, it was too late to cook ( it was, really )
we decided that pizza was in order. Very nice too.
Well its been days since we left home and we are still in Qld, only about 4 hours from home,
Going past Coomera we call in to see my Aunty Betty in the homestead retirement home. It's a wonderful surprise for her and at 86 she is quite frail but sharp as a tac and wanted to hear all our news and where we were headed. She is a very special part of my life and all my memories from childhood to now have her in them. After promising to send her post cards we head up the mountains to Tambourine where we were hit with an awful storm. We take shelter in a gravel pit and sleep the storm away. Waking up to a beautiful blue sky we head down to the Gold Coast again and a few photo stops later we have called it a day and resting in an off road rest stop.

The view from Tambourine Mountains looking west

Oh and look what he has on,,,,a few minor repairs were needed


The gorgeous Coolangatta Beach


Tomorrow we think we may head to the beach , something we both love and never had time to do till now.
Oh and a foot note
I found the perfect washing machine for the motorhome / caravan industry, I can arrange for one if anyone needs it (him) Lotta love a man who will wash the clothes.


3 comments:

  1. Great to see your 1st post!! Keep 'em coming :)
    Is AB naked !?! Lol xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry granny about the last pic, but I put the washing in and it came out clean, so a really environmentally friendly washing machine LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll pass on that model of washing machine thanks. xxx

    ReplyDelete